Tier / Class:
|Stats - Stock (Renowned)|
|700 (810) mm|
|780 / 180 / 40|
|950 / 520 / 60|
|60.00 (70.00) km/h|
|6.83 (5.59) s|
|(29.60) 30.90 deg/s|
Max Cannon Depression:
Turret Traverse Speed:
- Heavy armor : this vehicle's armor bounces more shots and takes more hits
- High caliber: the high caliber weaponry deals an increased damage
- Weapon selection: vehicle has several weapon options that you can switch between battles
- First order ready rack: allows you to fire several round and reloads automatically
- Gas Turbine : provide a smoother acceleration, compared to an ordinary diesel
- Modern APFSDSs : are very effective against ERA
With a choice between devastating burst fire and a powerful single shot cannon, high acceleration, and excellent armor, the XM1A3 is a powerhouse at tier 10. Best used to hold a position or spearhead an assault, the XM1A3 is an excellent MBT. While powerful, the dangers of being caught on the reload do exist, and can be alleviated by sticking with another MBT, such as a T-14 or Merkava 4M.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent gun depression
- Well sloped and armored turret and upper hull
- Side ERA protection against HEAT
- Massive burst damage
- Highest Alpha Damage of all Tier 10 MBTs along with ATDU with the 140mm
- Good top speed
- Good DPM with 140mm
- Because of the turret ring, the weak spot is relatively smaller, compared to other M1 variants
- Excellent HEAT Ammo, even better than its APFSDS
- Longer reload on 120mm magazine
- Loses speed dramatically when turning
- Poor Hull Traverse with stock engine
- Worst Penetration of all Tier 10 MBTs that utilize a 140mm gun (APFSDS)
- Weak spot, though smaller than that of other M1 variants, still exists
To help with the poor hull traverse of the XM1A3, upgrading to the 12V883 Turbocharged Diesel Engine should be an early priority. However, as the XM1A3 is defined mostly by its gun, upgrading the firepower, most notably getting the 140mm XM140-2 APFSDS ammunition, should also be an early priority. After that, Active protection systems, particularly the Soft Kill APS should be prioritized as quickly as possible in order to give the Abrams a fighting chance against high tier ATGM's.
- Advanced Muzzle Reference System
- Augmented Optics
- Improved Gun Breech
- Improved Pioneer Tool Kit or Improved gun breech v2.
Commander and Crew Skill Suggestions
- Commander: Freja Højbjerg, to improve the aim speed and overall accuracy.
- Driver: Spin to Win, Off-Road Driving
- Gunner: Sharpshooter, Do the Twist
|Reputation Cost||Credits||Hull Armor (F/S/R)||Hull Composition||Turret Armor (F/S/R)||Turret Composition||ERA Type||ERA Modifiers|
|Stock||Stock||780/180/40||3rd Gen DU composite with graphite coating||950/520/60||3rd Gen DU composite with graphite coating||M-19 & M-32 ERA blocks||50% vs AP, 90% vs CE|
|The XM1A3 is a prototype modification of the M1A2 series, and the first to use an autoloader. It has the same reinforced, depleted uranium composites of its predecessor, and features composite sideskirts that offer roughly the same survivability.|
|Shell name||Type||Reputation||Damage||Area of effect||Penetration||Max Accuracy||Speed||Reload|
|140mm XM964 APFSDS||AP||Stock||855||0m||800mm||0.13°||1,450 m/s||9.8s|
|140mm XM965 HEAT-MP||HEAT||Stock||1080||0m||990mm||0.14°||1,425 m/s||9.8s|
|140mm XM964 (Improved) APFSDS||AP||226,210||900||0m||840mm||0.13°||1,500 m/s||9.8s|
|Shell name||Type||Reputation||Damage||Area of effect||Penetration||Velocity||Accuracy (Fully Aimed)||Reload Time||Shells in Magazine||Reload within Magazine||Burst Fire Rate|
|120mm M829A3 APFSDS||AP||Stock||570||0m||790mm||1,555m/s||0.11°||8.00s||2||1.5s||40.00rd/min|
|120mm M830A1 HEAT||HEAT||Stock||720||0m||920mm||1,410m/s||0.12°||8.00s||2||1.5s||40.00rd/min|
|120mm M829E4 APFSDS||AP||Stock||600||0m||830mm||1,750m/s||0.11°||8.00s||2||1.5s||40.00rd/min|
|Name||Reputation Cost||Credits||Max Speed||Reverse Speed||0 to 32km/h||0 to Max Speed||Hull Traverse||Fire Chance|
|Honeywell AGT-1500 Tiger 1500 hp Gas Turbine Engine||Stock||Stock||72.00km/h||30.00km/h||5.93s||27.14s||22.32deg/s||8%
|MTU MT 883 Ka-501 1630 hp Diesel Engine||41,130||493,195||70.00km/h||36.00km/h||5.46s||29.77s||33.37deg/s||6%|
|Spall Liner||65,805||789,120||Increases vehicle HP by 250.
|M90 Smoke Grenades||98,710||1,183,670||Provides a total of five smoke deployments on an eighty second cooldown between uses.
|AN/VLQ-8A Soft Kill APS||135,725||1,627,550||An Active Protection System that has a chance of diverting ATGMs away from the player's vehicle.
|Improved Fire Control System||138,810||1,664,540||Reduces aim time by 20%.
|Improved Autoloader||334,175||4,007,225||Increases reload speed by 10%.
|Improved Suspension||39,585||474,700||Improves handling on rough terrain by 10%
|Trophy APS||Automatic hard Kill Active Protection System.
Spotting distance: 500m
Class: Main Battle Tank (Concept)
Vehicles Built: N/A
The Abrams Main Battle Tank is the current service MBT of the U.S. Army and several other countries. It was developed in the 1970s to replace the aging Patton series in American service. Unlike the failed MBT-70 project, the downfall of which was the widespread use of experimental technologies along with an extremely high price tag, the Abrams was designed to use modern but affordable and reliable components. What made it different from the Patton series was the use of Chobham composite armor and a gas turbine for propulsion, earning it the nickname "Whispering Death".
The XM1A3 is hypothetical upgrade to the Abrams series, as envisaged by this game's developers. It is based on the latest M1A2, but includes several experimental systems such as the Fastdraw automatic loading system, but the most important was the XM360 120mm smoothbore gun (initially intended for the cancelled Future Combat System program). Its ballistic properties are, according to available sources, comparable to the M256, but the gun is lighter and slightly longer. Its variant developed specifically for the Abrams is called XM360E1. It is possible that this will indeed be the future weapon of the upgraded Abrams.