Class: Main Battle Tank (Experimental)
Vehicles Built: N/A
The Object 640, also known under the nickname “Black Eagle”, was developed in the 1980s as one of the last Soviet era supertanks before the chronic Soviet (and later Russian) lack of funding put an end to the project. It featured extremely advanced armor, making it highly resistant to hits while keeping its weight low. The design was truly revolutionary for the late 1980s. A T-80U-based technology demonstrator using its turret was shown to the public in 1997 prior to the project's official cancellation, although this was no "true Black Eagle." However, some elements of it were used in the development of the Armata series.
- Armored: This vehicle's armor can withstand a lot of punishment, allowing it to survive even serious firefights.
- Heavy Weapon: This vehicle carries one of the largest weapons around with significantly increased damage per shot.
- Trained Crew: This vehicle comes with a fully trained Level 5 crew.
- Ready Rack: This vehicle features a Ready Rack, which consists of several easily accessible rounds. It can fire several rounds in rapid succession, after which the reload time increases. Ready Rack reloads automatically when not in combat.
|125mm 3VBM23 AP||APFSDS||Stock||665||800[note 1] mm||1725 m/s||9.00 s|
|125mm 3VOF36 HE||HE||Stock||1000[note 2]||50 mm||850 m/s||9.00 s|
|125mm 3VBK27 HEAT||HEAT||Stock||831||950 mm||905 m/s||9.00 s|
|3UBK20M "Invar-M" ATGM-TH||ATGM||Stock||770[note 3]||1050 mm||350 m/s||9.00 s|
|12.7mm AP||AP||Stock||15||30[note 4] mm||855 m/s||5.00 s|
|XP Cost||Credit Cost||Hull
|Stock||Stock||1135 mm (vs AP)
1640 mm (vs HEAT)
|Composite||845 mm (vs AP)
1155 mm (vs HEAT)
|Composite||Kaktus ERA (Gen 3)||50% (vs AP)|
80% (vs HEAT)
|This MBT's front is protected by composite armor. Composite armor consists of combined layers of steel and other material and offers excellent protection against HEAT shells and ATGMs. Its steel sides and rear are considerably more vulnerable. The third generation ERA kit offers excellent protection against standard HEAT rounds or warheads, and partial protection against kinetic rounds and tandem HEAT warheads.|
|Name||XP Cost||Credit Cost||Aim Time||Reload Time||More Info|
|125mm 2A46M-4 Smoothbore Cannon||Stock||Stock||2.13 s||11.40 s|
125mm 3VBM23 AP
125mm 3VOF36 HE
125mm 3VBK27 HEAT
3UBK20M "Invar-M" ATGM-TH
|Name||XP Cost||Credit Cost||Max Speed||Reverse Speed||Forward
|Hull Traverse||Fire Chance|
|Klimov GTD-1500 1500 hp Gas Turbine Engine||Stock||Stock||85 km/h||26 km/h||4.20 s (0 to 32 km/h)
27.87 s (0 to Max Speed)
- 800 mm at 150m;
600 mm at 500m
- 280 for Partial Penetration;
70 for Non-Penetrating Hits
- 154 for Non-Penetrating Hits
- 30 mm at 100m;
15 mm at 1000m