Class: Main Battle Tank (Prototype)
Vehicles Built: 10 (incl. U.S. prototypes)
The Kampfpanzer 70 is the German sibling of the MBT-70. Back in the 1960s, the Germans and the Americans cooperated on the creation of a new, highly advanced Main Battle Tank, armed with a powerful 152mm gun and cutting edge technology in order to combat the Soviet T-64 MBT, the capabilities of which were vastly overestimated by the NATO secret services. The project was a failure and the tank was never adopted for several reasons, including an extremely high price and major disagreements between both parties. Both countries then went and developed their own MBTs, specifically the Abrams and Leopard 2.
- Armored: This vehicle's armor can withstand a lot of punishment, allowing it to survive even serious firefights.
- Heavy Weapon: This vehicle carries one of the largest weapons around with significantly increased damage per shot.
- Advanced Hydraulic Suspension: This vehicle's advanced hydraulic suspension allows you to tilt its hull to the front, to the rear and to each side for improved gun elevation and depression angles.
- Adjustable Suspension: This vehicle features a hydraulic suspension that allows you to manually change its ground clearance.
- Trained Crew: This vehicle comes with a fully trained Level 5 crew.
|152mm XM578E1 APFSDS||APFSDS||Stock||880||670[note 1] mm||1385 m/s||14.80 s|
|152mm M657 HE||HE||Stock||1320[note 2]||50 mm||790 m/s||14.80 s|
|152mm M409A2 HEAT||HEAT||Stock||1144||800 mm||895 m/s||14.80 s|
|120mm DM23 APFSDS||APFSDS||Stock||480||640[note 3] mm||1650 m/s||6.40 s|
|120mm DM11 HE||HE||Stock||720[note 4]||40 mm||980 m/s||6.40 s|
|7.62mm AP||AP||Stock||8||18[note 5] mm||855 m/s||5.00 s|
|XP Cost||Credit Cost||Hull
|Stock||Stock||590 mm (vs AP)
790 mm (vs HEAT)
|Composite||930 mm (vs AP)
1395 mm (vs HEAT)
|Steel Layers with Air Gaps||N/A||N/A vs AP|
N/A vs HEAT
|The Kampfpanzer 70 offered significant armor protection and was one of the first western MBTs to feature a composite armor turret in order to defeat enemy HEAT rounds and ATGMs. Many of the solutions developed for it would later be used for the Leopard 2 and Abrams MBTs.|
|Name||XP Cost||Credit Cost||Aim Time||Reload Time||More Info|
|152mm XM150E5 Rifled Cannon||Stock||Stock||2.72 s||14.80 s|
152mm XM578E1 APFSDS
152mm M657 HE
152mm M409A2 HEAT
|120mm Rh 120 L/44 Smoothbore Cannon||Stock||Stock||1.96 s||6.40 s|
120mm DM23 AP
120mm DM11 HE
|Name||XP Cost||Credit Cost||Max Speed||Reverse Speed||Forward
|Hull Traverse||Fire Chance|
|MTU MB 873 Ka-500 1500 hp Diesel Engine||Stock||Stock||72 km/h||30 km/h||4.06 s (0 to 32 km/h)
22.74 s (0 to Max Speed)
- 670 mm at 150m;
503 mm at 500m
- 370 for Partial Penetration;
93 for Non-Penetrating Hits
- 640 mm at 150m;
480 mm at 500m
- 202 for Partial Penetration;
51 for Non-Penetrating Hits
- 18 mm at 100m;
9 mm at 1000m