|FV4034 Challenger 2 ATDU|
Tier / Class:
|Stats - Stock (Renowned)|
|720 (760) mm|
|700 / 200 / 64|
|625 / 480 / 48|
Max Cannon Depression:
|-8.0 / 2.0°|
Turret Traverse Speed:
The Challenger 2 ATDU is a Tier 10 Main Battle Tank originating from the United Kingdom, and is sold by Marat Shishkin. It can be unlocked with a tier 10 Unlock Token, and is the end of the Western European MBT tree.
- Heavy armor : this vehicle's armor bounces more shots and takes more hits
- High caliber : the high caliber weaponry deals an increased damage
- HESH: can even penetrate armor with large hit angles
- PISH Ammo : HESH ammo that can penetrate thin applique
- Adjustable suspension: allows you to adjust ground clearance manually
- Dynamic Suspension : allow you to adjust frontal and rear clearance independently
The most heavily armed and armored tank in the game, with nearly impenetrable frontal armor, one of the largest health pool in the game, and a devastating 140mm cannon, the ATDU is most capable of leading an attack through fire. While slower than most other vehicles, it is by no means sluggish, and can equally push a flank or spearhead a charge.
Pros and Cons
- Incredible frontal armor, extremely hard to penetrate from the front
- High damage 140mm cannon
- Very large health pool
- PISH ammunition is quite devastating
- Long reload
- Poor top speed and acceleration
- Worst accuracy in Tier 10
- Slow turret and hull traverse
- Driver's view port can be penetrated by 800mm penetration
Unlocking and buying the Spall liner is a quick way to effectively increase its already large health pool. Firepower upgrades, while expensive on reputation, give a large bonus to the damage per shot, and the 140mm Prototype PISH ammunition can devastate lightly armored enemies.
- Improved Gun Breech
- Improved Pioneer Tool Kit
- Improved Filter Systems
- Air Induction Precleaner Lvl. 2
- Advanced Muzzle Reference System
Commander and Crew Skill Suggestions
- Commander: Freja Højbjerg for off-road acceleration bonus, increased turret traverse and aim-time.
- Driver: Off-Road Driving, Spin to Win
- Gunner: Quick Draw, Sharpshooter
- Loader: No-skill (Auto-Loader)
|Reputation Cost||Credits||Hull Armor (F/S/R)||Hull Composition||Turret Armor (F/S/R)||Turret Composition||ERA Type||ERA Modifiers|
|Stock||Stock||700/200/64||Dorchester composite + NERA blocks||625/480/48||Dorchester composite||None|
|The Challenger 2 ADTU retains the suspended uranium nuggets along the frontal arc, with all-around strong protection against HEAT and kinetic penetrators. The extended turret of the larger gun retains the same defensive properties of the standard vehicle.|
|Shell name||Type||Reputation||Damage||Area of effect||Penetration||Max Accuracy||Speed||Reload|
|140mm Prototype APFSDS||AP||Stock||900||0m||750mm||0.11°||1,500 m/s||11.00s|
|140mm Prototype HESH Mk. 1||HEP||Stock||760||0m||580mm||0.13°||720 m/s||11.00s|
|140mm Improved APFSDS||AP||181,540||945||0m||800mm||0.11°||1,550 m/s||11.00s|
|140mm Prototype PISH||HEP||185,665||800||0m||610mm||0.13°||720 m/s||11.00s|
|Name||Reputation Cost||Credits||Max Speed||Reverse Speed||0 to 32km/h||0 to Max Speed||Hull Traverse||Fire Chance|
|MTU MT 883 Ka-500 1500 hp Diesel Engine||Stock||Stock||55.00km/h||36.00km/h||6.09s||20.81s||30.37 deg/s||6%|
|Spall Liner||52,810||758,520||Increases vehicle HP by 250.
|L8 Smoke Grenades||79,215||1,137,780||Provides a total of five smoke deployments on an eighty second cooldown between uses.
|GVC Soft Kill APS||108,925||1,534,445||An Active Protection System that has a chance of diverting ATGMs around a player's vehicle from a range of 250m or more.
|Improved Gun Stabilizer||132,030||1,896,295||Improves accuracy while on the move by 20%.
|Improved Ready Racks||311,085||4,468,145||Increases reload speed by 10%.
|Improved Suspension||28,880||414,815||Improves handling on rough terrain by 20%.|
Class: Main Battle Tank (Prototype)
Vehicles Built: 1
Operators: United Kingdom
The Challenger 2 ATDU (Armoured Trials and Development Unit) is an advanced component testbed, operated by a unit bearing the same name. The unit is based in Bovington (along with the famous Tank Museum) and is staffed by approximately 80 people. The Armored Warfare variant of the vehicle consists of existing, previously developed components that have, however, never been put together on a single vehicle.
- Challenger 2 ATDU Beast