Class: Main Battle Tank (Prototype)
Vehicles Built: 1
The CATTB is, as its name suggests, a heavily modified Abrams tank testbed used as a platform for modern technologies. These included a 140mm cannon with an autoloader, a new turbocharged 1450hp diesel engine and an advanced suite of electronics. The Block III Abrams research, of which the CATTB was a part, was discontinued after the fall of the Soviet Union due to severe budget constraints.
- Armored: This vehicle's armor can withstand a lot of punishment, allowing it to survive even serious firefights.
- Heavy Weapon: This vehicle carries one of the largest weapons around with significantly increased damage per shot.
- Modern Kinetic Rounds: This vehicle's kinetic (APFSDS) rounds are very effective against ERA kits.
- Hybrid Engine: This vehicle's engine is partially electric, which ensures excellent mobility and stealth. This engine can't be set on fire and its repairs are quicker.
- Advanced Hydraulic Suspension: This vehicle's advanced hydraulic suspension allows you to tilt its hull to the front, to the rear and to each side for improved gun elevation and depression angles.
- Ready Rack: This vehicle features a Ready Rack, which consists of several easily accessible rounds. It can fire several rounds in rapid succession, after which the reload time increases. Ready Rack reloads automatically when not in combat.
|140mm XM964 APFSDS||APFSDS||Stock||855||800[note 1] mm||1520 m/s||14.00 s|
|140mm XM965 HEAT-MP||HEAT-MP||Stock||1026[note 2]||880 mm||1500 m/s||14.00 s|
|12.7mm AP||AP||Stock||15||30[note 3] mm||855 m/s||5.00 s|
|XP Cost||Credit Cost||Hull
|Stock||Stock||850 mm (vs AP)
885 mm (vs HEAT)
|Composite||1090 mm (vs AP)
1995 mm (vs HEAT)
|Composite||ARAT+ ERA (Gen 3)||55% (vs AP)|
80% (vs HEAT)
|The basic CATTB armor offers the same level of protection as the other members of the Abrams series. However, its hull and turret front are reinforced by depleted uranium inlays and are capable of protecting the vehicle against all modern projectiles. Additionally, the tank is equipped with an ERA kit, offering extra protection against HEAT rounds.|
|Name||XP Cost||Credit Cost||Aim Time||Reload Time||More Info|
|140mm ATACS (ETC) Smoothbore Cannon with Fastdraw Autoloader||Stock||Stock||2.55 s||14.00 s|
140mm XM964 APFSDS
140mm XM965 HEAT-MP
|Name||XP Cost||Credit Cost||Max Speed||Reverse Speed||Forward
|Hull Traverse||Fire Chance|
|Cummins XAP-1000 1450 hp Diesel Engine||Stock||Stock||70 km/h||32 km/h||5.86 s (0 to 32 km/h)
26.21 s (0 to Max Speed)
|BAE Systems 1800 hp Hybrid Engine||Stock||Stock||55 km/h||55 km/h||3.03 s (0 to 32 km/h)
10.56 s (0 to Max Speed)
- 800 mm at 150m;
600 mm at 500m
- 129 for Non-Penetrating Hits
- 30 mm at 100m;
15 mm at 1000m